Today, all our choices are challenged with alternative options, as good as or maybe better than what we choose. This is where the importance of branding comes to play. A good branding can help a brand affect business and consumers buying behaviour positively. Branding strategies have evolved over time as it is always advisable to adopt new branding trends to stay relevant. Apart from setting a good brand name, some of the brand strategies to be considered in 2020 are:
- Logo adaptability: With times changing, the channels and tools of marketing have changed too. Hence, the logo being a symbolic representation of a brand should be adaptable to the various channels used for branding or marketing. A logo should be flexible in shape, size, colour and complexity according to its place to have a persisting appeal.
- Stories that tell about your brand positioning: We all love stories and hence they sell. Stories that we can connect to stays with us. Reflecting the brand position, the values and attributes the brand stands for through stories, can actually grab the attention of the people and make a lasting impression.
- Mobile-friendly user interface of websites, blogs and emails: Brands should focus on creating mobile-friendly content in digital media as most consumers are likely to invest more time in mobile browsing than any other gadgets. Creative content with crisp words, clear fonts, prominent subject lines, bright colours in contrast with the background should be kept in mind while creating an effective call to action.
- Organic influencer campaigns: Influencers having a good fan base can direct the purchasing behaviour of a person. Hence, brands should indulge in organic influencer campaigns where the influencer is a direct consumer of the brand and can further advocate for it naturally.
- Official hashtags: Brands should have the unique official hashtags that differentiate them from their competitors within the market. It helps a brand better identify itself and mark its dominance.
- Responsible branding: A brand that is responsible is always more accountable. Hence, brands should involve in social welfare and stand for values to make a responsible reputation for itself. Brands that show environmental and other social consciousness are more loved, accepted and trusted.
- Brand loyalty through creative customer experience: Customer satisfaction can create good brand loyalty. A satisfied customer further promotes a product through the word of mouth. Including consumers into the creative process of product development through consumer feedbacks, etc. increases consumer engagements and loyalty.
- Engaging the community in real: Brands should make an effort in connecting their consumers in real once a year. Being totally drowned in the virtual world, real-life interactions have started gaining more importance and appreciation. Hence, brands hosting events and meetings offline to connect, reflect on the brand’s value on showcasing human emotions not only online but in real too. This will boost online engagements, help obtain better feedbacks and create profound connections with the brand.