In this age of innovation where everything is in constant evolution, marketers are too into the race with updated marketing technologies. The concepts of artificial intelligence, data-driven marketing, and voice search engine optimization looking absurd at a time to being prior marketing trends today; a lot has changed in marketing trends.
Listed below are some of the digital marketing trends for 2020:
- Artificial intelligence: Artificial intelligence help businesses understand how customers find their products and services by analyzing consumer behaviour and search patterns and use data from social media platforms and blog posts. Adoption of artificial intelligence by businesses can cut staffing costs, accelerate and ensure growth and help to get an edge over their competitors. Artificial intelligence has already started taking over many simple jobs and can be seen being implemented in areas such as basic communication, product recommendation, content creation, email personalization, e-commerce transactions.
- Visual search: Visual search facilitates specific results for users uploading a picture to conduct a search. It takes user experience to a new level. Marketers can hence follow up this trend of visual search to get the edge on their competitors.
- Conversational Marketing: Conversational marketing ensures a one-to-one, real-time connection between the marketers and the customers. Conversational marketing help businesses achieve higher engagement and loyalty of the customers by enhancing the user experience through the feedback-driven model.
- Voice search: Voice search facilitates all relevant information that people are searching for through audio content. Voice search statistics indicate increasing use of voice search by users and hence companies need to consider this in their digital marketing strategy.
- User-generated content will continue to be popular: Marketers wanting to tap the Millennial and Gen Z markets, user-generated content is an influential resource. Marketers can engage customers by encouraging users to share unique content by offering discounts or partnering with them for a good cause. This can also lead to conversion rates as the brand, product or service becomes more discoverable and hence ensures growth in business.
- Branding: People connect to a brand when they trust it and to earn that trust, there is a need to establish a solid brand. Google’s E.A.T. (Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness) ranking factor is the reason why branding is so important today. “Expertise” demands a page to have quality content by an expert writer, “Authority” demands the site to have the authority of its own, and “Trustworthiness” demands the site to have other authoritative links pointing to it from trusted sites. Through this, Google focuses on catering to user experience with the most accurate content on any given topic, created by true experts in the field.
- 5G Technology: 5G or the fifth generation of mobile technology is arguably one of the most significant trends of 2020 for a world going gaga over mobiles. This up-gradation will mark a new era of digital communications and its impact will be felt in every industry, virtually.
- Augmented Reality: Augmented reality is widely used by brands to enhance consumer experience and sales and is much more implementable from a marketing standpoint than virtual reality. Augmented reality allows users to preview products without actually buying them and helps the customer choose better.
- Omnichannel Marketing: This is a process of marketing across multiple media platforms to connect with more prospects on touchpoints. Omnichannel marketing enables the brand to disseminate a cohesive brand message to call people to action.
- Video marketing: Video is one of the most important digital marketing trends today. Video capture moments in a more lively account and hence attracts the attention of people. It is also easy to reformat the content of a video for multiple media and hence is more accessible by people. Videos are more compelling and make purchasing decisions more confident.